Need to use up a surplus of ripe tomatoes? Then this chutney recipe is for you. Perfect to go with a delicious cheeseboard.
- 3 finely chopped red onions
- 1kg chopped ripe tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 thumb-sized piece ginger
- 300g soft light brown sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
Step 1- Add all ingredients into a large pan and simmer over a medium heat for 45minuets.
Step 2- Stir for a further 20minuets over a high heat until the ingredients forms a jam.
Step 3- Pour into jam jars, then place into a cool and dark cupboard for three months. Once open, keep in the fridge.