Everyone knows it, and everyone loves it. Try out this delicious spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce for a classic taste of Italy for your next meal!
- 200g spaghetti or linguine
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 300g tomato, diced
- 125g ball mozzarella or burrata (see tip, below), torn into pieces
- Handful of basil leaves, torn, to serve
Step 1 – Cook the pasta following pack instructions for 10-12 minutes.
Step 2 – Put the chilli, shallots, oil, lemon zest, vinegar, sugar and tomatoes into a big mortar or bowl. Add a good amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and combine everything together.
Step 3 – Drain the pasta and toss together with the tomato mixture and mozzarella. Scatter over the basil for extra flavour to serve.