Are you a seafood lover? You can’t go wrong with a fish-dish, especially in the summer, so why not combine your love for seafood with the juicy and succulent taste of tomatoes? Continue reading to find out the ingredients and method of how to make this perfect summer server…
- 1⁄2 bunch basil, leaves picked, extra to serve if required
- 1⁄2 bunch tarragon, leaves picked Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 garlic clove
- 24 large green prawns, peeled and cleaned, tails intact
- 1⁄4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium truss tomatoes, halved
Step 1 – For the prawn marinade, place the basil, tarragon, lemon juice and zest, garlic and olive oil in a food processor, season, and blend to a rough paste.
Step 2 – Thread a prawn onto a skewer, then a tomato half, then another prawn. Repeat with remaining prawns and tomatoes to make 12 skewers. Brush all with the paste.
Step 3 – Preheat barbecue or chargrill over a high heat. Cook the prawn skewers for 2-3 minutes a side until just cooked through. Serve with extra lemon wedges and basil leaves for a refreshing taste.