Have you ever gone to get a tomato, but it has rotted before you’ve even had chance to use it? Look no further, these 5 top tips of how to store your tomatoes at home will prevent this from happening to you again!
- Store whole tomatoes of any variety at room temperature rather than in the fridge as the cold temperature results in the skin to turn mushy
- Store cut, sliced, and chopped tomatoes in the fridge to prevent bacterial growth
- Store tomatoes in an organised way to avoid them bruising
- Flip tomatoes upside down for better storage
- Canning tomatoes is an effective way to preserve them all year long
We hope these storage tips have helped you, let us know your favourite way to store tomatoes!