‘Tis the season!
As we get into the Christmas spirit, we’ll be sharing the tastiest tomato Christmas recipes with you to enjoy with your loved ones this festive season. Gather your family and friends around to enjoy these adorable and delicious Mini Christmas Tree Pizzas with Tomato Baubles. They make for a festive and tasty addition to your holiday celebrations!
- 1 package of pre-made pizza dough or your favourite homemade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cherry tomatoes, halved (for baubles)
- Fresh basil leaves (for tree branches)
- Black olives, sliced (for tree trunks)
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven according to the instructions on the pizza dough package or to 220°C.
- Prepare the Dough: If using pre-made pizza dough, follow the package instructions for rolling it out. If you’re using homemade dough, roll it out on a floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Cut Out Christmas Trees: Use a Christmas tree-shaped cookie cutter or a knife to cut out Christmas tree shapes from the rolled-out dough. Place the tree shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add Sauce and Cheese: Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on each tree, leaving a border around the edges. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Decorate with Tomato Ornaments: Place halved cherry tomatoes on the trees as “baubles.” Get creative with colours and patterns!
- Create Basil Branches: Arrange fresh basil leaves on each tree to represent branches. You can layer them to give a fuller appearance.
- Add Olive Trunks: Slice black olives into thin rounds and place them at the bottom of each tree as trunks.
- Season and Brush with Olive Oil: Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the trees for added flavour. Lightly brush the exposed edges of the dough with olive oil for a golden crust.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve: Carefully transfer the mini Christmas tree pizzas to a serving platter. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.