Looking for a wonderful winter warmer dinner? We have just the dish for you! With this creamy tomato, courgette and prawn pasta, you will definitely feel the warmth after a cold January day!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 large baby courgettes, sliced
- 400g orecchiette pasta, or any other small pasta shape
- 2 400g cans of cherry tomatoes
- A good pinch of sugar
- 200g raw prawn, peeled
- 100g half- fat creme fraiche
- Small pack of basil, leaves only, torn
- STEP 1 – Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the garlic and sizzle for a few minutes, add the courgettes and cook until they are starting to soften. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- STEP 2 – Add the tomatoes, sugar and seasoning to the pan, stir and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes while the pasta cooks.
- STEP 3 – Add the prawns to the sauce and bubble until they just turn pink. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce with the crème fraîche. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes, add the basil and serve.