We know how much of a drag January can be, after the festive fun of Christmas dies down, and the possibilities that come with the New Year become the new norm, it’s easy to sink back into old habits and lose motivation, especially when it comes to cooking.
So why not bring the taste of summer to your table as we wade through the remainder of winter? Follow these three simple steps to make this appetising ricotta, tomato and spinach frittata that is a perfect compliment to a light meal or to enjoy as a starter.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 100g spinach leaves
- Small handful of basil leaves
- 100g ricotta
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Salad, to serve
- STEP 1 – Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5-6 mins until softened and lightly golden, then add the tomatoes and toss altogether for 1 min to soften.
- STEP 2 – Remove ingredients from the heat, add the spinach leaves and basil, and toss together to wilt a little. Transfer all the ingredients to a greased 30cm x 20cm rectangular baking tin. Take small scoops of the ricotta and dot over the vegetables.
- STEP 3 – Season the eggs and beat well, then pour over the vegetables and cheese. Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until pale golden and set. Serve with salad.
It’s that simple, enjoy!