Happy New Year! We hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are enjoying 2023 so far.
It’s inevitable that with the new year comes many new year’s resolutions. Whether your goal is to eat healthier, maintain your fitness after the additional pounds gained from Christmas or just add a more balanced diet into your lifestyle, we can help!
Follow this simple 4 step recipe to make a delicious Creamy Tomato Risotto that is the perfect way to incorporate delicious and healthy food into your diet, what more could you want to start the new year?
- 400g chopped tomato
- 1l vegetable stock
- A knob of butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig, finely chopped
- 250g risotto rice
- 300g cherry tomato, halved
- A small pack of basil, roughly torn
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- STEP 1 – Tip the chopped tomatoes and half the stock into a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour mixture into a saucepan with the remaining stock, bring to a gentle simmer and keep over a low heat.
- STEP 2 – Place the butter and oil in the base of a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Add the onion and gently cook for 6-8 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and rosemary, then cook for 1 min more. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- STEP 3 – Begin adding the hot stock and tomato mixture about a quarter at a time. Let the risotto cook, stirring often and adding more stock as it is absorbed. After you have added half the stock, add the cherry tomatoes. After 20-25 mins, the rice should be creamy and tender, the cherry tomatoes softened and all of the stock should be used up.
- STEP 4 – Cover and leave for 1 min, then stir in the basil. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan for extra flavour.