Tomato Tart with Balsamic Glaze
This year marks the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, and in keeping with the current regal theme in Britain, we will be sharing a recipe with you that is fit for royalty… a fresh tomato tart with balsamic glaze that is quick and easy for you to make at your street parties!
- 1 sheet vegan-friendly puff pastry
- A generous drizzle of organic balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 350-400g fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp plant milk as your egg wash
For the tofu ricotta:
- 350g silken tofu
- A bunch of fresh basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp nooch
- Place your puff pastry at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes, and gently unroll it.
- For the tofu ricotta, place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Spread the tofu ricotta across your puff pastry sheet, leaving roughly 1cm of edge on each side.
- Then place your tomatoes on top and spread them across the entire sheet.
- Mix the balsamic glaze with the plant milk for your egg wash and brush the edges of the pastry sheet.
- Transfer to a preheated oven at 200C and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry edges are golden and the cherry tomatoes roasted.
- Sprinkle the tart with toasted pine nuts and generously drizzle with organic balsamic glaze.
Serve up and enjoy hot or cold!