It’s that time again! Are you ready for 5 more fun facts about tomatoes?
Did you know that…
- There are over 10 thousand varieties of tomatoes
- The main thing that tomatoes are used for are sauces
- In 2017, China produced 59.514,733 tonnes of tomatoes
- Tomatoes can be traced back to 700 AD from the Early Aztecs
- In the late 1700s the tomato was branded the ‘poison apple’ as it was believed that the aristocracy became ill and died after eating them
Have you learnt something new about tomatoes today? Come along next time to find out more interesting facts about tomatoes!