This Greek Salad is a classic Mediterranean dish that celebrates the fresh and vibrant flavours of ripe tomatoes and other wholesome ingredients. It’s perfect for hot summer days or any time you want a healthy and satisfying salad option. Enjoy the delightful combination of textures and flavours in this delicious Greek Salad!
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks or wedges
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the Vegetables: Wash and cut the tomatoes into bite-sized chunks or wedges. Slice the cucumber, red bell pepper, and red onion into thin slices. Place all the vegetables in a large salad bowl.
- Add the Olives and Feta: Add the pitted Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese to the bowl with the vegetables. The briny olives and creamy feta will add a burst of flavour to the salad.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. The dressing should be tangy with a hint of herbaceousness.
- Dress the Salad: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat all the ingredients evenly. Be careful not to crush the feta cheese while tossing.
- Garnish and Serve: If desired, garnish the Greek Salad with fresh parsley or basil leaves for a pop of colour and added freshness.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve the Greek Salad with Tomatoes immediately as a light and refreshing appetizer or as a side dish to accompany your favourite Greek main courses, such as grilled lamb, chicken souvlaki, or moussaka.