Want some more flavour in your baked beans? Follow this quick and easy recipe for smoky tomato baked beans to add a kick to your breakfast!
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 whole unpeeled garlic cloves
- 400g baby heirloom tomatoes, large tomatoes chopped
- 125g cherry truss tomatoes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 100g Greek feta, crumbled
- Sliced baguette & Tabasco, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Toss the chickpeas, beans, garlic, tomatoes, paprika, tomato paste, 2 tbs oil and 11/2 tbs molasses in a large baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir, breaking up tomatoes slightly. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until tomatoes release their juices.
- Drizzle beans with remaining molasses and oil. Squeeze garlic from skins and serve topped with feta. Enjoy!