A very easy and fast Tomato Soup! Forget buying tinned tomato soup. Making your own soup from fresh ingredients is always better!
Tomatoes (5 to 8 per person or you decide how much you want!), Onion (1 per person), Butter
Optional Garish: Fresh basil leaves and croutons
Method for one person:
- Add two tablespoons of butter to your pot and set the heat to low.
- Chop and add your tomatoes and onion into quarters and add to the pot.
- Put the lid on and gently sweat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add 300 – 500ml of water.
- Cover with the lid, bring to boil and then turn down the heat to low. Leave to simmer for 45 – 60 minutes. Keep checking back every 5 to 10 minutes to give it a good stir.
- Add everything to the blender and blend until creamy.
- If the consistency is good then great! For a ticker soup add back to the pot with the lid off and simmer until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Optional step: Add croutons and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.